Salaam - Turkey to urge swift Muslim action on Gaza, source says
Salaam. ISTANBUL: A Turkish foreign ministry source says Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan will call at a meeting in Istanbul on Monday for prompt arrangements to ensure Gaza’s security and administration are placed under Palestinian authority. The meeting will bring together the foreign ministers of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Pakistan and Indonesia to discuss the ceasefire situation and the humanitarian crisis in Gaza. The source says Fidan will stress the need for coordinated action by Muslim countries so the ceasefire can lead to lasting peace. Those countries’ delegations had previously met with US officials in New York in September on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly. The US-brokered truce left difficult questions - like the disarmament of Hamas and a timeline for Israeli withdrawal - unanswered, and periodic violence has tested the deal since it began. The source adds Fidan plans to accuse Israel of “making excuses” to end the ceasefire and will urge the international community to take a firm stand against Israel’s provocative moves. He is also expected to say that humanitarian aid reaching Gaza is not enough and that Israel has not met its obligations to allow sufficient relief. Relations between Turkiye and Israel have deteriorated during the Gaza conflict, with President Tayyip Erdogan strongly condemning Israel’s actions in the enclave. Turkiye helped push Hamas to accept the US proposal and has said it would consider joining an international task force to monitor ceasefire implementation - though Israeli officials have rejected the idea of Turkish military forces entering Gaza under the US plan.
https://www.arabnews.com/node/